"How Can an Internet Marketing
Strategy Help My Local Business?"
Good question. Let's see if we can give you an answer. But first, a couple of questions for you:
- Do you run a local business?
- Do you already have a business website?
- Do you wonder why (or whether) you should?
You might think that if you run a business that provides a local service (a hairdressing salon, plumbing or
building services, a pub or a restaurant, a newsagent's, a butcher's or greengrocer's shop, a garage - you get the
picture?) then there's no point in having a website for your business.
Or maybe you've got a website that's not doing anything for you, so you think it can't help you.
Marketing your small business on the internet can put you head and shoulders above the competition. In short, it
can help you:
- win new customers
- turn one-off customers into lifetime customers
- establish yourself as "The Expert" in your field
- reach a global audience
- add extra revenue streams to your business
You see, there are 3 ways the internet can generate
revenue for your business. You can:
- sell your own product or service - and charge for it
- sell somebody else's product or service - and receive a commission
- sell advertising - either directly or by joining a programme.
And of course, you can do 2 of these - or even all 3 - in the same website. Or even on the same web page.
And you build your own reputation!
You are no longer Mr Jones, the butcher; you are James Jones of Meat.com (if the domain name "meat.com" were
still available - which it isn't!).
You'll use your website as the focus of your other marketing activities - which will include a newsletter, and
maybe a membership site. You can become known as the acknowledged expert in your field. And your business will grow
exponentially. And then you'll wonder why you didn't start marketing your business on the internet years ago!
And that, in a nutshell, is why you ought to use the web for your business. The next question is: how to go
about it. And this is introduced on the next page: Web Site